So I never posted a 2021 Goals Update for April simply no progress was made on any of my goals in April. Honestly, I spent most of April just trying to adjust to the changes that happened in my life at the end of March. For those who don’t know, my engagement ended in March. The short version is that we simply stopped working as a couple. My nervous breakdown (among other issues) had caused us to lose our footing and we just never regained it. So since the end of March, I’ve been living with a friends family while he’s away at college. Overall, living with them has helped me work through so much and make progress on goals I’ve set for myself. It still hurts knowing my ex and I aren’t together anymore and that life has taken us on separate paths… but right now I’m in the best place I can be, surrounded by good people, and working on myself mentally, emotionally, and soon physically (pray for me on that one because working out isn’t something I do). So most of April was spent just trying to figure out what to do next.
With all that out in the open, I can say that May was the month of working toward getting my writing goals back on track, but I still have some ways to go before I back to where I was at the start of the year. But here is the update of my goals for May!
- Write 500 words a day: I didn’t keep track of how many words I wrote this month, but I had about 3-4 days of writing. Slow start to getting back on the daily count, but I’ll take it.
- Two posts a week: Not even close. In the process of planning my posts for the month of June!
- Get Beta readers for my novel: I’m awaiting feedback from one of my Beta Readers. I’m hoping to have her feedback soon so I can finish my edits by the end of the month and start the second round of readers soon!
- Start the first draft of my second novel: I’ve been brainstorming ideas for it, but haven’t written anything yet. The reason for that is I’ve been making changes to the first book in series and some of those changes could greatly impact the second novel of the series (which is the novel I’m currently working on), so I want to wait until I have this edits completed before resuming work on the second novel.
- Grow my blog to 300 followers: As of this post, I have 236 followers. That means I only have 64 more to go complete this goal!
- Finish my graduate degree: ACHIEVED MAY 7TH, 2021!!!
- Have at least 3 new clients for my editing business: I will be resuming my pursuit of this goal soon. I want to make some edits to my services page and also learn more about the best ways to market myself so I can achieve this goal… though at this point I might have to knock it down to one client, but we”ll see.
So overall, I can’t complain too much about May. I finished my graduate degree and graduated. I’m slowly getting back on track with the novel writing. The blog writing is also slowly getting back on track. But overall, I feel a slow start back to normalcy is better than no start at all!
I hope everyone had a good May. Let me know how your May went! I hope you’ve all had a great start to your June and I hope all of you have a great week as well!