Is it just me or was January a rough month? Honestly, it started off really rough, got a little better, and then picked back up on the roughness scale. It wasn’t the start I wanted or needed for 2021, but it’s the one I got and all I can do is hope that February turns out to be better! So here is how my goals went for the month of January:
- Write 500 words a day: This one really fell apart this month. I didn’t write most of the month for several reasons and I feel bad about it. I’m hoping to turn it around for February because this goal is an important one to me and those 500 words are the foundation to my success (or lack thereof). So I need to turn it around in February!
- Two posts a week: Somehow I managed to do this one. I didn’t have too many posts written ahead of time, so I was really worried I wouldn’t be able to do it. But I did and I am so proud of myself for managing my first month of two posts a week!
- Get Beta readers for my novel: I am currently looking for my first round of Beta Readers. If you’re interested, you can apply here or read the blog post about it here!
- Start the first draft of my second novel: I am well into the first draft of my second novel, but didn’t work on it for most of the month due to trying to edit the first draft of my first novel… which didn’t go well at all! I will definitely be resuming the writing of the second novel in February!
- Grow my blog to 300 followers: As of this post, I have 192 blog followers! Only 108 to go!
- Finish my graduate degree: I’m in month 10 of my degree, so I’m almost there! I should be done in 2-3 months (I can’t remember if it’s 12 or 13 classes).
- Have at least 3 new clients for my editing business: So far no luck with this one! But I’m planning something special in hopes of getting some new clients, so keep your eyes peeled for that post!
So that was my January! It wasn’t the best month, but it wasn’t the worst either. I’m hoping February will be much better!
How did you do with your goals? Are you making progress? Or struggling? I would love to know! I hope everyone had a great start to their week!