With one day to the start of a new and hopefully better year, I’ve decide to share my goals for 2021 with all of you! I have decided to keep this series going because all of you seem to enjoy reading it and also, it’s a constant reminder for me of what I’m working toward for myself. So I will be listing each one followed by a brief explanation as to why this is a goal I want to work toward for 2021. So here we go- My goals for 2021!
- Write 500 words a day: Yes this is a repeat goal, but it’s an important one because without writing, then none of my other goals would be possible! I debated going up to 750 words a day, but decided that might be a little too ambitious of me (especially when I’ll be finishing my graduate degree this year and planning my wedding). So 500 words a day is sticking around!
- Two posts a week: Last year it was one a week, this year I’ve decided to go for two a week. This means more content for all of you! Also, it’ll allow me to repost other bloggers posts I like, possibly get some guest writers, and overall expand the kind of content I write and post.
- Get Beta readers for my novel: With the first very rough draft of my novel completed, I’m going to need feedback from others to help make the second draft better! I’m realistically aiming for at least one round of Beta readers. My overly ambitious aim is three rounds of Beta readers. I really want to try and have this novel ready for self-publishing (or hopefully traditional publishing) by the start or 2022. Is this overly ambitious? Maybe. Will that stop me? Nope!
- Start the first draft of my second novel: While my first novel is being Beta read, I’m going to start working on my second novel! I haven’t fully decided if it’s going to be the second novel in the series or if it’s going to be a novel I have in mind for another series. I think I’m leaning toward the one for the other series, but we’ll see where inspiration takes me when the time comes!
- Grow my blog to 300 followers: 2020 was a good year of growth for this blog and I am proud of how much I’ve accomplished so far. I thank all of you who have read, commented, reblogged, followed, etc for your continuous support. Here’s to hoping 2021 brings more followers to the fold!
- Finish my graduate degree: This one has been a long and difficult journey that has tested my skills as a writer, my ability to take criticism, and my mental sanity (which turns out I have none left), and I am determined to complete it this year! What will I do after I complete it? … probably cry because I’ll have to start paying back my student loans, haha. In all seriousness, I don’t know what I’ll do once I complete it. I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
- Have at least 3 new clients for my editing business: I really want to make my editing business a success and the best way to do that is to get more clients! The math would work out to one client every four months, which not seem like a lot to some people. But as someone who just started doing this not too long ago, three feels like a comfortable and realistic number for that goal. Three is also my lucky number, so hopefully that holds true!
Is seven goals overly ambitious? Possibly. Is that going to stop me? Nope. Does it mean I’ll have a lot of work ahead of me? Absolutely! 2020 hasn’t been the best year for so many reasons, so I’m determined to make 2021 as amazing as possible. The best way to do that is to put my time and focus into the goals that matter the most to me.
What are your goals for 2021? I would love to know! Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone!