Happy almost New year everyone! I know its been awhile since my last post, but due to the business of work and then some issues with my health, writing got put on the back burner. But I’m back, feeling better and feeling motivated!
A few weeks ago during one of my cleaning and decluttering sprees I found a notebook I had labelled Five Year Plan Notebook on it. When paging through it I saw how I had it set up and used it… and how quickly I had seemed to stop using it! But at the front I saw my list of 2018 goals and thought it would be fun to share them with you all. As you can see from the picture below, I had a lot of goals and I also had some kind of color code system for how I wrote them- which I can’t remember if it had significance or not.
- All things driving: This goal has remained one that I haven’t achieved even now. I think it’s because I’ve always had someone to drive me places, so I never saw a need to drive myself. But now that I work a full-time job and am more of an adult, it’s time to learn. So I’m adding this goal to my goals for 2020 and going to give myself a timeline to follow on accomplishing it.
- Start my writing career: This one was achieved… but in 2019. At the end of 2018 was when I started freelancing and was when I really started posting on this blog and even started a new one! My novel… well that’s a whole goal for this upcoming year!
- Get healthy: Another goal that didn’t really start until 2019. Admittedly, I haven’t exercised and gotten toned, my eating has gotten better, and I’m not sure how much weight I’ve lost. But after the health issue I had this month, it was definitely an eye opener to take better care of myself, so it’s going to become a real effort in 2020.
- Get every aspect of my life organized: I have to laugh at this one because what person every has their life totally organized? I’m getting better at organizing my life though, but I don’t think it will ever be fully organized.
- Start my Etsy shop: Maybe one day, but not anytime soon!
- Get my anxiety under control/stress reduction: Admittedly, I’m feeling a lot less anxious these days. Stress is a part of life, but even that doesn’t feel as bad as it used to. So I would consider this goal about 95% achieved more days than not.
- Become more confident: Thinking back to where I was at the start of 2018 and where I am now at the almost start of 2020, I can definitely see that my confidence has grown greatly in that time. I still have some areas where I need to become more confident, but that will come with time!
- Meet the love of my life: 2017 me would argue that I had met the love of my life that year and lost him… but 2019 me knows that this was the year I found the love of my life and am currently with him, looking forward to many more years and adventures with him!
- Learn to cook: This goal was achieved more so this year after moving to Florida. I’m still learning to cook, but I know how to cook more now than I did back in 2018!
- Move out OR close to it: Well I did move out in 2018 even though it was for only two months… But that goal wasn’t really achieved until this year when I moved to Florida! Hard to believe I’ve been here six months already…
- Actually have a life: I have no clue what I meant by this. Maybe I meant more of a social life? Either way, I feel like I have some semblance of a life now.
- Be happier and more positive: I definitely feel these two goals have been achieved this year. I still have my moments where I feel unhappy or negative, but those moments are far and few between now.
- Overall just be a better me: Compared to where I was emotionally, mentally, and physically at the start of 2018, I definitely like I’ve become a better me in 2019 and will only continue to become a better me in 2020!
- Learn Dothraki: Pretty sure I just tacked this one on for something interesting to achieve, but I haven’t achieved it yet.
This was a long post! But I wanted to take some time to reflect and see how much growth has happened since I made this list 2 years ago. With 2020 will come new goals that I will- hopefully- achieve. I will share those goals with all of you a bit later this week, so keep an eye out for that post! And feel free to share your 2020 goals with me for inspiration!
Thank you for sharing your reflections with us. Here’s to a happy, healthy, and productive new year!
LikeLiked by 1 person