At the beginning of the year I made a writing goal list for myself and I decided I wanted to share my list with all of you! So here are my list of Writing Goals for 2016
- Have 500 blog followers
- Have my novel Omega completed to Beta Reader stage
- Start my second novel
- Complete one draft of my second novel
- Get paid for my writing at least once
- Win a writing contest
- Win a writing award
- Do NaNoWriMo 2016
- Learn how to write a screenplay by either taking a class or teaching myself
- Become more confident in my writing and in myself as a writer
I know some of these goals might seem crazy or unrealistic, but I think it’d be fun to see how far or how close I can get with some of them. I’ve always been hard on myself if I don’t fully reach a goal, dismissing all the progress I made toward the goal and calling it a failure. I think some of these, if I don’t achieve them, might actually be able to help me break that thought process and help em realize that sometime it’s the journey that matters more than actually reaching the goal… although reaching the goal is always nice!
So those are my Writing Goals for 2016. Do any of you have a list? Or goals that you made without making an actual list? I’d love to hear what your goals are!